About meHappiness is here and now
My attitude towards online therapy
I have had good results with online therapy. Nevertheless, I always use it as a second option. When a personal consultation is not possible, online therapy is undoubtedly a better solution than not taking care of your personal difficulties. But at the core of almost any consultation there is always a lack of support of some kind in the past. The therapist’s physical presence is one of the basic elements to compensate for this absence, at a deep unconscious level. Thus the drawback I see with online therapy is that, with the inevitable physical distance, it cannot offer you this physical ‘being here’, essential for you to feel supported at a deep unconscious level, to help you overcome the sensation of fragility or vulnerability usually inherent in your reason for consultation. As a way to partially compensate for this inconvenience, as far as possible I always try to have some face-to-face sessions between online consultations.
If you do not wish to embark on a therapeutic process, but are in quest of answers about yourself and the world around you, I also offer theMaya support group as an online option. This is also an opportunity to create an insightful group with friends of yours who are spread out in the distance.
My experience with mental disorders
My combination of therapeutic techniques
My particular way of fusing different types of humanistic and holistic therapies somehow reflects my Spanish-Swiss roots. From my earliest childhood I learned to combine the Hispanic joy for life with the Germanic sense of security and responsibility. Throughout my career, both personally and professionally, I found that it is not easy to achieve this delicate balance between mind and emotions with only one type of therapy. This is why I choose to address the uniqueness of your personal thoughts and feeling with Gestalt therapy, your more spiritual quest and your need to overcome the past with more alternative methods, and the complexity of your interpersonal relations with Constructivist Systems therapy. This way therapy becomes a unifying experience.
My intercultural background
I offer consultation in Spanish, English and German at native level. I also offer psychological support in Italian, French and Romanian, which I speak fluently but not perfectly.
My professional background
- I started my career as a psychotherapist graduating in Psychology and Social Sciences at the Open University – United Kingdom
- I am a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- In Madrid I trained as a Gestalt therapist at IPG – Instituto de Psicoterapia Gestalt (Institute of Gestalt Psychotherapy), in order to work in individual therapy
- I also trained as a Constructivist Systems therapist at Center for Family Studies, so I could work with families, couples and groups
- In 2008 I started working as an independent psychotherapist
- As part of my personal and spiritual pursuit I do Theta Healing at a basic level. I took the ‘Basic DNA’ course from Theta Healing Institute of Knowledge
- Following my interest in the different philosophies of life, I studied the Mayan Calendar for three years with María Fernanda Barreraand made a shamanic trip to Mexico with the shaman Fernando Broca
- In my personal process I turned towards alternative therapies, studying the use of Mediterranean Flower Essenes with María Fernanda Barrera
- I attended several Resonance Patterning courses, taught by her creator Chloe Wordsworth as well as by other trainers from the Resonance Repatterning Institute
- I owe my knowledge in minerals to Nina Llinares, who trained me in Crystal Therapy
- Given my interest in oriental techniques, I was initiated in the second level of Reiki with the Reiki Master Community Usui Shiki Ryoho
- As a nutritional support to the therapeutic process, I distribute Transfer Factors
Don’t postpone changing your life.
Contact me to resolve any doubts.